Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day to Day

What does God want me to do in my life? What is all of this for? I know that as a Christian I am supposed to follow Him, obey the commandments and do my best to listen to Him. But what if I am not good at that? What about when I fall and I break a commandment? As Catholics we have confession, if we put ourselves into mortal sin we should receive the sacrament of confession to once again connect us with God. But what if I still feel empty after? Does the connection we have with Our Father always have to be pulsing beneath our skin? Or like Mother Theresa can we feel hollow and empty, being called to a harder road of just trusting Him? At 24 years old I don't have the answers, I barely keep my head above water in this spiritual flood and I expect that I will feel this way for many more years, at least until I come face to face with The Father. So with all that said how do I deal from day to day? How to I push the empty feelings aside and focus on my pray life and build my relationship of faith? It is often when we do not want to pray that we should, those are the times of great trust and connection with the Holy Family. As hard as it is, I will propel myself forward and with grace into His loving arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment