Friday, January 20, 2012

The doldrums

    I am bored. Life ,right now anyway, is boring. I have no creative thoughts. I started to paint the bathroom , I painted it white. It looks like we bath in a mental hospital from the 30's.  I need color, spring time color. I want to see the tulips poke from the ground, the buds of green grass forcing their way through left over snow. I feel like a vacation is in order, however we can't afford one. The only bit of warm air I can afford is when our heat decides to pop on. Which is normally 4am while I am fast asleep under a mountain of blankets. I have to throw the blankets off, jump from our bed in a rage. There is something about being too hot while sleeping that causes a violent reaction in me, I am sure my husband loves it!
    Aside from a brief stomach bug life as we know it has consisted of saving ever penny we can, watching endless hours of trash TV , like the Vampire Diaries, to the point where I dream about the characters and the occasional friendly face. I hate this time of year. I always have visions of sugar plums, snow storms, baking cookies, hot cocoa by the fire but in reality its bittter cold, my coat is ripped and has no buttons, we have little to no money and we are stuck in a condo worth half what we paid.
  Here is my plea, help me Lord be less of a cry baby, help me learn to love all things and at all times no matter what. Help me to be more like Mary, Oh and please, help me afford a new coat!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment