Thursday, November 12, 2009

The fight

As most of you know I recently broke up with my boyfriend , this has been a hard time for me, I love him very much. However I also feel that this break up is a grace, I feel it is God's will for him and I to be together but God has to do some major work on us separately first. With that said, I have been getting a lot of flack about this. People very close to me are telling me to give up the fight , to just walk away and never look back.. This hurts me. When did it be okay to throw in the towel? When did someone elses dream of a vocation be mine? Never that's when. I do not work that way and I am sorry I never will.. I believe in standing up for what you believe in and fighting til the death. God put this love in my heart but he never said it was going to be easy. Loving my boyfriend is in a way like loving God. I see the God in him and I embrace that , I also feel God is calling us to be one but no one can know that but me , God and him. I am so so so so so tired of other people and what they think I should do and what he should do! Do people realize it is not their life? This is our choice with God! The only way we are going to be able to use this time apart well is if we go to Him in adoration , in prayer through our priest and discern. We will not get through this if we listen to all the nah- Sayers who tell us, ' I don't think God wants you two together, why don't you be a priest OR a nun ." There are more ways to love and praise God then be in a religious vocation. God brought him and I together, He filled our hearts with love and grace and we cut him out of the deal bc we were listening to everyone else. Well I am done with that I am asking, praying , begging God to come back into this to guide us and lead us to His will not ours and not others. I cant say for sure what is going to happen with my ex and I but I do know God will be the only one telling me what to do. I will fight to the death for my faith and for my love bc with God they are the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment