Tuesday, November 3, 2009

He and I

Here is a quote from a book I came across last year, He and I. It is the diary of Blessed Gabrielle Bossis from the years of 1936-1950. She claims Our Lord spoke to her and she was told by Him to write it all out for us to read. Here is a excerpt I love:

{July 25th 1946} '...Accept everything from Me, child, as a faithful and docile instrument, ready to echo it all to the whole world with ardent longing for My glory. You often ask that My kingdom may come. Aren't you happy if you can contribute to the coming of this kingdom? This is why you need to be holy- to increase My glory. Think about this. Believe in the effectiveness of your work as part of the universal work of the saints. Think of the living stone that you are adding to those spiritual houses-this stone that no one else but you is called upon to place in just this same position. This ought to encourage you to make efforts of every kind. Some of them remain a secret between you and Me, and aren't they the most charming because if this intimacy?
Above all, don't ever grow weary of our intimacy . Vary. Improvise. Perfect. Increase. Call upon the Spirit of Love to help you. Ask my Mother to show you -she who never left me. Even when you feel good for nothing, give Me nothing. Didn't I create with nothing? All I ask of you is the will to give yourself to Me at all times, in cloud or sunshine. All Ill take you into the Upper Room of My servants and My friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment