Saturday, November 7, 2009

Respect the Process

"Shannon, I am telling you , just respect the process." My week started out with these words. I was plunged into respecting something I didn't and supporting something I didn't agree with. However I was told to respect it. Ugh how in the world are we supposed to do that? I know God has a bigger plan, I understand that God wants what is best for me and He knows what it is and I don't, But that doesn't make things easier. I am still a person ,a woman at that and I have to grieve and feel pain. Am I respecting God by walking around like a empty shell? I think not.I think God is calling me to trust and have faith. I know God has a plan and although I have no idea what that is I have to keep going. I have to look forward and even if all I see is a black hole I have to jump into it. This is what happens to everyone and the situation doesn't matter its all the same.. We are all called to blindly walk into Gods loving arms. No matter if it is over a death of a loved one, a car accident that has left you in the hospital, loosing a job or dealing with the loss of the love of your life it is all the same , keep moving. Trust that God has a plan and no matter what your going to be okay. I know better than anyone that its hard , I at the moment have no control over my emotions, I am being pushed into moments of sobbing crying , throwing up, empty thoughts and memories but that will pass. I will be able to control the emotions one day but until then I need to respect the process and remember , he didn't take the tabernacle key with him, Jesus still loves me, He is still in a relationship with me and He is waiting to comfort me.

3 comments:

  1. What is the "process"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What God has me in. This whole process of life. Knowing God is there, loving you and has a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that there's ever any sufficient consolation apart from that which only God can give, but when we do feel desolate and apart from Him and His love, I think we can act decisively in such a way so as to not be overtaken by the experience of the process. St. Ignatius, in one of his rules for discernment, says "So too the evil spirit must be opposed in a bold way, doing the opposite of what is suggested in temptation, moving the evil spirit to lose heart; but if the person begins to have fear and lose heart in resisting, the enemy becomes more wild and aggressive and more malicious." If one feels doubtful, for instance, make deliberate acts of trust and be resolate to remain trusting despite feelings we have to the contrary. If one feels discouraged, especially be resolute to hope. The devil tries to kick us when we're down.

    ReplyDelete